John 8:31-32

Jesus said to the people who believed in him, You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Why Did I Start A Blog?


Well, I said I'd never do it, which means that at some point things will change and I will do it. In this case, it was a request by the Boss. And as we who have lived a few years (or more) walking with the Lord know, it's best to say "yes, Sir!" and get right on it. Otherwise bad things happen, like not being able to think about anything else until you get right on it, or if you don't get right on it eventually having other issues related to not having gotten right on it come slap you upside the head..so, here I am getting right on it and starting a blog.

There are a number of benefits I hope to get from this adventure. First, I know it will really help me to solidify and remember key concepts and ideas. If I just hear things they go in one ear and out the other, even if I think they are really interesting, cool, or meaningful. I have to interact with those ideas in some way. This will also be a way for me to do that and as well to have somewhere to go to find information I might want to refer to later. Another benefit will be the ability to get thoughts and feedback and discussion from others. I can tell you right now that some of the topics might be a little controversial ;-) based on discussions over the past few months which have led me to this point. Dovetailing from the discussions will hopefully be the opportunity to learn and grow. But, above all those nice things, what I really hope and pray is that Jesus Christ will be lifted up. I want to know more about Him, His character, His creation, and his plan for me. I hope that every word that is typed here will be to that end. It is all about Him, what He has asked me to do, and all for His glory!

With that as a prelude, I'll let you know what's on my mind today. One of the totally awesome (and I use this word with care) things I've been involved with lately is The Truth Project (TTP). We have been viewing it during the Sunday School hour at church since September. Due to the length of time we do half a session a week. If you have not had a chance to participate in this series from Focus on the Family I would highly recommend it. In fact, the first "real" topic after this introduction is going to be What is Truth? which will be reminiscent of the first session from TTP. It will serve as ground work for some of the future topics. The second installment is going to be called God's Attributes which may be an ongoing topic. One of the principles taught in TTP is that when ever there is a question the best way to begin seeking the answer is to identify which attribute of God is involved. We will look as some examples and get some practice at it before looking into some of the interesting topics on my mind!

I hope you will join me on my search for truth. I have no doubt we will be successful!

Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment