John 8:31-32

Jesus said to the people who believed in him, You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Science - Who Can You Trust?

I submitted this question to the I Didn't Know That podcast from reasons.org and they chose to answer it! There is no offense meant to any of my wonderful Young Earth friends by the wording of the question, I am just quoting the questions that were posed to me. I This is the question I emailed them:


I really enjoy your IDKT podcast and listen to it while I clean the house. Recently I had the chance to share my view on the age of the universe and earth with my small group at church. We had just finished a study that had a very strong young earth overtones and our pastor asked me to share the “other” side. After my presentations were completed one member expressed concerns that seemed to be echoed by others:

“How do you really know that what science/scientists say is true? One person will say one thing and the next will say the exact opposite.”

This is especially true in the age / creation realm. The answer has always seemed obvious to me – that which agrees with the Bible, is accepted by Christian and mainstream scientists, and usually that which makes logical sense is a good place to start.  It is hard and frustrating to know how to encourage or direct people who don’t have any scientific background or particular interest, yet think that it’s “bad science” to state that humans and dinosaurs *didn’t* live together or think that because Mt. Saint Helens eruption caused a geographic formation that looks similar to a small Grand Canyon that the Grand Canyon must have been formed just as quickly in the same way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your great ministry and resources!

Listen to their answer here: Science - Who Can You Trust?


No comments:

Post a Comment